Green and Cool ideas
- Cool Vintage
- Get your Green Finger Fix
- Celebratory Days
A nod to the 1960’s and 1970’s, Cool Vintage home décor is moving to fresh colours and appealing ideas.
Blues and greens, metallic and concrete objects, paisley and Indian patterns are now appearing in the designer magazines and this retro vogue still features flamingos, unicorns and cacti.
The 1960s home design colours highlighted nature with avocado green and shades of yellow and aqua. Geometric patterns, indoor gardens and wicker furniture came to the forefront in the 1970s. I asked my Mum what she remembered from the 60s and 70s – “I’ll never forget the avocado green carpet, wild orange wallpaper and the copper fire hood” – needless to say they do not feature in our range!!
But, finishing touches, like cushions, candle holders, boxes, frames and our signature handcrafted plant pots are a great way to help give a little more character to your home, at an affordable price, in an acknowledgment to the 60s and 70s.
Get your Green Finger Fix
Lots of info on the web, at the moment, about growing house plants from an avocado pit and pineapple leaves. This really intrigued me. So these are the basics - search the web for all the details.
- Buy a pineapple with healthy green leaves and fruit colour that's more gold than green.
- Cut off the clump of leaves.
- Tuck into the planting mix. Water well.
- Keep soil slightly moist and fertilize when new leaves begin to appear by using a liquid fertilizer monthly.
- Growing an avocado plant from the pit in containers indoors requires bright light
- Pinch off excess growth at first to promote a bushier, stronger plant.
- Give the plant moderate water when the soil feels dry to the touch.
Celebratory days for March
For those with birthday’s or anniversaries in March the birthstone colour is Aquamarine, an entrancing colour, which is associated with creativity, hope and self- expression.
March 1 St. David’s Day and Employee Appreciation Day
March 5 Pancake Day
March 14 PJ Day
March 17 St Patrick’s Day
March 31 Mother's Day
Why not share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Best wishes from the TV Crew